Recipe created for BUSH’S® Beans
by Bonnie Taub Dix, MA, RDN, CDN
Servings: 6 to 8
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
* * * * * * *
1 medium onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound ground turkey
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
2 cans (16 ounces) BUSH’S® Kidney Beans in Spicy Chili Sauce
2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup corn kernels, cooked
1/2 each red, yellow and orange bell peppers, chopped
1/2 avocado, chopped
1/2 cup crushed multigrain tortilla chips
To taste salt and pepper
1. In a large frying pan, cook onion and garlic in oil for approximately 5 minutes.
2. Add ground turkey, cumin, turmeric, chili powder, cinnamon and pepper flakes and cook
until turkey is browned and no longer pink.
3. Drain excess fluid, if any.
4. Add tomatoes, beans, chocolate chips. Stir together well.
5. Simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
6. Place chili in bowl, and sprinkle one row each of cheese, corn kernels, peppers, avocado
and tortilla chips on top of chili.
Note: Serving suggestions — place chili over brown or wild rice and then add toppings. Sauté
bell peppers, if preferred.